ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Welcome to St Brigid’s school. St Brigid’s is a Voluntary Aided state middle school. The school is very proud of its traditional values and high standards that are achieved and maintained. At St Brigid’s we promote the development of our young people as successful learners, confident and caring individuals, well rounded and responsible citizens who contribute to society. We are justifiably proud of the achievements of our pupils; not only our excellent academic results but also in the fields of arts, sports and community.
We pride ourselves as being a ‘family’ school, due to our size and ethos. As the oldest and one of only a few middle schools in Wales, we are able to offer education from 3 to 18 continuously if parents choose this route.
The School was established in 1939, by the Congregation of St Brigid and set up in premises in the town of Denbigh. In 1943, the nuns moved the school from Park Street to the present premises, and the school became St Brigid’s Convent School, catering for children from the age of 4 to 18. In later years, it was known as Brigidine Convent.
In 1996 the school became the first Maintained (state) Boarding School in Wales. With changes introduced in 1999 by the Schools Standard and Framework Act, the School became a Voluntary-Aided school supported by the Denbighshire Local Education Authority. In 2013 boarding closed and St Brigid’s became a day school only.
St Brigid’s serves a large catchment area stretching from Llandudno in the West to the Welsh Borders in the East, and beyond Ruthin in the South